Saturday, August 23, 2008

Go speed racer GO!

Yesterday my group at work had an off-site team building day. We got to do go-kart racing! Now, I'm not sure how good it was for "team building" but everyone had a lot of fun. This group was extremely competitive. There was about 40 of us, so they divided us into about 4 groups and we all got to do a practice round and then a qualifying round, and then if you qualified you got to go into the top 10 main race. The qualifying round was alot of fun because everyone had picked up speed from understanding how to drive the kart and take the corners. What was cool was you only had to get one really good lap to qualify. My team went 2nd to last in the qualifying rounds, so we knew what our times had to be qualify. I was really excited to make it into the top 10! Wooohooo. I was really disappointed when I started out the final race and realized I got the worst kart possible! It was popping and I couldn't get it to go fast or make the corners like I wanted! I was being passed every lap :( and was then slammed into on several occasions and lost ground (this was a competition of place, not time). Oh well, it was a TON of fun anyway. I'm paying for it now w/ sore arms, shoulders, neck and back...

OH boy! I hit 70mph on my street bike yesterday on the way home! That's the fastest I've been on it! I'm still uncomfortable going too much faster and really, there's no need to anyway. I've not split lanes either (you can legally do that in CA!), but I haven't really had need to anyway.

My 3rd cousin, Tomas, is coming out this way to go to school, so I'll be picking him up from the airport on Wednesday and taking him to his dorm! He's really excited to come out and it will be nice to have some more family here. His dad will be out to visit soon too, so we'll have company. Welcome Tomas!

My sister got to visit the DNC in Denver yesterday! Lucky her, she even got to sit in their seats! This has been and will continue to be an interesting year for presidential election!

Well, should get to cleaning the house before Matt gets back from the motorcycle shop (went to get his shims replaced on his dirt bike valves). Until the next post...Carpe Diem!

No comments: