Thursday, February 7, 2008

RATZ


HAPPY NEW YEAR!!! It's the year of the RAT! I really wouldn't know that except for the fact that my really good friend J is Chinese and her family celebrates it whole heartedly! Rats are very cool creatures! Haven't you seen Ratatouille?

It's been a rather busy year already. I went to CO the 17th-22nd, we saw Supercross at AT&T park on the 26th, went to the "Bendy Chics" (acrobatic troup from China)on the 27th, and spent Super Bowl Sunday at our friends house so the boys could play Mechanics on their dirt bikes. The future looks just as busy with a trip to the snow in March, Dirt Bike weekends galore, a week long trip to San Diego, a work off-site in May on the misty coast of Northern CA, an 8 week class in May-June to learn the biology of cancer and much much more.

I had an excellent time in CO. It was great to be in the white stuff again. The temp was about 16-28 degrees the whole time I was there. CO winter is really not that cold. The air is so dry that the cold stays on top of your coat instead of seeping into your bones like in the coastal damp winter. That is until the wind picks up a bit.

While I was there, I got to see some friends from way back! My little God daughter is SO adorable and the most well behaved little one I've ever met! She does this cute little super hero face! I'm so glad her and her mommy are so happy, FINALLY! I was really sad to leave them!

MY sister and I an amazing time. It was so nice to just do the normal sister stuff...like chopping our hair off, and trying on crazy outfits at the consignment stores, drinking lots of wine and catching up on all those sister conversations. Mom joined us on Saturday and boy did we have fun. It was really good to have the three of us together for a while! We missed dad though! We'll have to take a family vacation again soon so we can all be together. It was really hard to be away from Matt for so long! That's the longest we've been apart in years...and I have to do it again in April when I go to a conference in San Diego.

That's enough for now...need to get something (not sure what) done. ;)

No comments: